A Dunes Destination for Local History and Art
The Depot Museum and Art Gallery is located within the South Shore Train Station in Beverly Shores, IN. We were founded after the Dunes Woman’s Club and other concerned citizens saved the Depot from destruction, organized to have it placed on the National Register of Historic Places, and raised funds to restore it. When restoration was complete in 1998 the Depot Museum and Art Gallery was formed.
It’s interesting to know that:
- We are a nonprofit, 501c3 organization.
- We are governed by a wholly volunteer board of directors.
- Our mission is to be good stewards of the Depot, to preserve local history, and to engage and enrich the community by hosting history and gallery exhibits and art openings. We support regional artists.
- Any commissions or donations go directly to supporting our programs.
You can help!
- Attending our events let us know that we are hitting the mark and hosting exhibits that interest the community. Come out and see us. We are open May through October, Friday through Sunday, 11am-3pm. We have opening receptions the second Friday of each month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. There is no charge to visit or attend.
- Shop in our gift shop. Most of the items featured in our gift shop are made by regional artists and artisans. Your purchase supports regional artists and the Depot. A portion of each purchase funds our programming.
- Follow us on Social Media. We are on Facebook , Instagram and YouTube.
- Spread the Word. The train depot is more than a train depot but many people don’t know this. Talk about us with your friends and colleagues. Share our Social Media content.
- Donations and Contributions are always welcome.
Artists can help by joining our fundraising 5x5 Exhibit in May and/or submitting proposals for exhibitions or the gift shop.
Thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you.